Thank you for visiting Central Texas Farm Credit’s (CTFC) website (herein “Website”) and reviewing our Privacy Practices Policy (herein “Policy”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not include information collected by:
- CTFC offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by CTFC or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Is My Information Kept Confidential by You?
Yes. Business owners often share their financial and private information with outside professionals to gain assistance or credit for their businesses. When doing so, business owners have the right to expect that appropriate steps will be taken to keep their information confidential. We respect your right to confidentiality and take steps we believe will afford your information the confidentiality you expect.
For example, computer access is given only to employees involved in the process of administering or monitoring account information. Staff must adhere to standards of conduct that prohibit unauthorized use of your information. We do not sell customer information to third parties. Unless required by law, legal process, or required government disclosures, or under other very limited circumstances under applicable Farm Credit System regulations, your information is not provided to others, including your accountant or attorney, without your authorization.
How Do You Protect My Privacy on the Internet?
Protecting the privacy of your information that can be accessed by you on the Internet is a priority to CTFC. While no system of security is absolutely foolproof, we employ many security measures in our efforts to safeguard your information, including:
- Browser encryption - To use Ag Banking Online, you must use an Internet browser that utilizes 128-bit encryption technology. This is an industry standard for secure area browsing when using information of a sensitive nature.
- Enrollment - Ag Banking Online includes an extended enrollment process to assure that only you receive information about your account. After completing and electronically submitting the enrollment form, a Representative approves your enrollment and notifies you. We believe that the additional time required to enroll, relative to other Internet services, is offset by the greater assurance of your privacy.
- Password - We have made our password selection and verification parameters stringent to reduce the potential for security breaches. A password must be at least 4 and no more than 10 characters long. Of course, you must protect the confidentiality and use of your password. Passwords are encrypted.
- Human review - Once enrolled and active, you can immediately access information about your account such as loan balance, payment amount, interest rate, etc. Loan numbers may be submitted by you electronically, but must be reviewed and verified by a Central Texas Farm Credit representative before you have access to it via the Internet. This usually takes one business day. This step also helps prevent any unauthorized access to your account.
- Software safeguards - A “time out” feature exists to keep others from viewing your data after you have left your computer. After 5 minutes, the site will lock and will require you reenter your user name and password. To thwart would-be hackers, a customer’s account will be inaccessible after three unsuccessful login attempts. You can attempt to login at a later time. All activities are designed to be electronically logged, giving us the ability to review the logins or the potential logins if any suspicious activity occurs.
- Secure electronic mail - Ag Banking Online includes a secure electronic mail system. A secure messaging system, such as this, is used for passing confidential information. Information sent outside the secure messaging system is restricted. This allows you to communicate directly with us with the comfort of knowing that your information is protected and secure.
- Firewall - The only way to get access to customer account information is by accessing the secured section of our Website through a “firewall.”
How can I protect my information?
- Keep your password confidential and safe. Do not allow others to use your password or otherwise access your account.
- Log off of your Ag Banking Online session before walking away from your computer or before visiting other Internet sites.
- Use our secure electronic mail rather than your regular Internet e-mail for communicating with us.
What information do you gather about me?
We collect various types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, domain name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and user I.D. and password.
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as e-mail information and what pages and features you access or use.
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
The information we collect is used to communicate with you via e-mail where appropriate, improve our Website, personalize the content of our Website for you, and notify you about updates to our Website or the services we offer. This information is not retained after initial contact, UNLESS at your request (such as applying for credit or other services), and is destroyed after this purpose has been fulfilled.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We collect on or through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logins, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your age, gender, location by city, visit by source, pages looked at and exit pages.
The information we collect automatically becomes statistical and may or may not include personal information, but we may maintain or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our Website by delivering a better and more personalized service, thus enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we and third party data collectors use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files know known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying the system and server integrity).
- Opt Out. You may opt out of Google Analytics or other data collection technologies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website and selecting the “Consumer Opt Out” tab.
How We Use Your Information:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services, that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, or any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
Changes to Our Policy:
Protecting Our Children:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly solicit data or collect personal information from children under 13. We do not knowingly market to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, during normal business hours, call 877-229-0221 and ask for Boyd J. Chambers.
Security, Intrusion and Detection Language:
For Website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs (commonly known as “sniffers”) to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change, corrupt information, or to otherwise cause damage (commonly known as “hacking”).
We may provide access to information, products or services on websites that are owned by other companies (herein "Third Party Websites"). We provide this access through the use of hyperlinks that automatically move you from this Website to the Third Party Website.
While we do our best to provide you with helpful, trustworthy resources, we do not endorse, approve, or guarantee information, products, services or recommendations provided at a Third Party Website. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any Third Party Website and offer you links to the Third Party Websites on an "As Is" basis. We are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort resulting from the use of a Third Party Website, or any failure on products or services advertised or provided on a Third Party Website.